Southam and Associates hires exceptional, professional individuals to perform a wide variety of important functions that contribute to the success of our company. It is Southam and Associates’ intent to provide its employees the freedom they require to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives, thereby maximizing their value to Southam and Associates and creating a healthy work life balance.
Flex Time Off
Eligible employees may take leave when they require it as approved by their supervisors. Leave will be tracked for business purposes.
Full time employees with 1 year of continuous service are considered eligible under this policy.
Under this policy, full-time employees are expected to:
- Recognize that at Southam and Associates, we value all employees’ contributions and are committed to communicating with our team members in advance when scheduling an absence or notifying the appropriate team member 2 weeks prior to time off unless it’s a family emergency or personal illness.
- Understand that not all leave requests can be honored. Advance requests are still subject to the appropriate approval.
- Meet all established goals despite the absences.
- Realize that FTO is not designed to maintain a 40 hour work week.
- The Flex Time Off policy caps at 120 hours per year based on work anniversary date.
With the exception of those on protected leave (such as state or federal family and medical leave), if an eligible employee is unable to meet the expectations outlined above, Southam and Associates reserves the right to temporarily revoke Flex Time Off for that individual. Further, if gross abuse of this leave is observed, disciplinary action may be taken, which may include termination of employment.
Southam and Associates reserves the right to request verification of absences.
*FTO is not available to those who put in a resignation notice and is not paid out upon separation from the company.
*FTO does not entail banked hours or accrued hours.