Employee evaluations are a challenging but essential practice that can help employers and their employees align on shared goals, review past challenges, celebrate accomplishments, and set forth a game plan for future improvements.
A well conducted employee review can help motivate an employee to thrive in their career, and help employers get better quality work from their team members. Employee evaluations are also an opportunity to course correct problems , lay the groundwork for a team member’s advancement within the company and create helpful documentation for HR concerns.
However, poorly conducted evaluations can leave workers feeling confused, dejected and unengaged. Ensure your performance evaluations benefit you and your employees by trying these five pieces of advice.
- Prepare all feedback ahead of time
- Keep your remarks clear and concise
- Provide employees with a copy of the completed evaluation form
- Keep employee review meetings a two-way conversation
- End with a focus on the future
For more detailed information on Review Guidelines, click here: